Thursday 12 July 2012

SkyWatch Friday - Glass Sky

There have only been a few hours of blue sky over the last week – and while I was tempted to post a sombre grey sky, I decided to go for colour instead.
These wonderful glass objects are the insulators on the electricity pole outside my house.  I often notice them catching the sunlight and on this occasion I was really pleased with the range of colour I caught in them.  It may not be a picture postcard sky, but it is part of the one I see every day.
You can find more skies at SkyWatch Friday.
You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the page.
Enjoy the skies.

14 comments:

  1. I love a clear blue sky! Those insulators bring back memories from my childhood. My brother was always trying to break them with his sling shot. Most of our wiring is underground now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great eye, Stewart! Glad you went with the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the clear blue skies! Great capture for the day, Stewart, you do indeed have a great eye! Enjoy your weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish we still used glass insulators here for the electrical connections. they're so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the different textures and shades of blue in that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful to observe and photograph everyday things. Like here, they often come out as really beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great capture!Have a great weekend!

    Shantana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I´ve been thinking many times to take a shot at these. But still have not. Nice to see yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blue sky and the insulators did capture the light well. Happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shot Stewart!! I love the blue sky and those glass insulators!

    ReplyDelete